Thursday, May 1, 2008

Zephyr


I was earlier reading a story in, I think, the New York Times about how popular blogs and websites that feature cats are. So here's a cat.
It's not my cat. It's a random kitten that climbed the tree outside my living room window for obvious reasons. I later had to rescue her. Then she somehow got under the house, and I had to rescue her again.

She came into the house, my cat (a male) chased her around a while and she spent the night with us, curled up at my feet. I named her "Zephyr" although it turns out she did not come from the west.
The next day she and my cat went outside and were playing together, I lost sight of them and she did not reappear when Chewie (my cat) came home.

Weeks later I saw her chasing birds in the street and I was even later told by neighbors that she had made similar visits to their houses. I never did find out who owns her. She snubbed me when I saw her in the street.

No comments: