Monday, May 19, 2008

More musings on food

Psssst, you heard it first here, folks - well, maybe.

I heard today that there's a new deli coming soon to Merrimack St. I hope it's a "real" deli, with big old hot pastrami sandwiches. No slimy cold cuts.

Speaking of which, I recently went for the first time to a popular eatery on Merrimack St. I was not that impressed - but I only had one menu item, of course.

Speaking of impressive, the other day I purchased an excellent cinnamon bun from Praline's. It was small and rather expensive ($2.25) but it was - well, excellent.

I love seeing the people (still) standing in confusion at the closed doors of Starbuck's. The antithesis to BuyLocal is scheduled to re-open on Wednesday, I believe. I wonder how many people have switched permanently to some local purveyor of coffee/espresso drinks in the meantime?

Oregano's is open. I understand that another local blogger is having dinner there this evening, so I look forward to the review. Still awaiting one of River Merrimack Bar & Grill, anyone else but me.

Now I'm sounding like the Port Planet. Must not imitate other people's clever shticks.

No comments: