Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm back on the couch

I just got home from a long-ish day ... down to Gloucester and then back here to interview someone for Merrimack Valley Magazine.

It only just recently occurred to me that I should not say on here who or what I'm writing about. Little Eagles have big eyes. I see you on my blog, Eagle-Tribune newspaper peeps.

So I don't know what's going on around here. Haven't checked the Daily News online yet ... but of course I did have time to stop off at the Nutcracker and pick up cinnamon buns and latte. The former I added to my bowl of 'goodies,' which was enhanced yesterday by chocolate chip cookies from Praline's.

So I needed the buns like I need more inches on my ... buns.

Speaking of food - which I've been doing a lot lately, have you noticed? - we got lunch in Gloucester from Turner's Seafood.

"Why do we ever go anywhere but Turner's?" my sister asked as we munched our haddock sandwiches.

Good question.

2 comments:

Ari Herzog said...

Turner's? Is that the same chain that's in Boston? I hope your food was better than mine at the Topside Grill a few weeks back. I yelped about THAT experience!

To answer your question, I haven't noticed you speak of food other than assorted pastries from Nutcracker, Pralines and Gretas. So let me ask you: can you suggest a local bakery that combines whole wheat flour with flaxseed?

Gillian Swart said...

Well, it was. I think the one in Melrose split off or something from the one in Boston.

As for a bakery, have you tried AnnaRosa's in The Tannery? Other than that and Greta's, I have no suggestions.