Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pools on Plum Island

In reading the minutes of the Conservation Commission (for the last 9 months), I have come across a statement made at the Aug. 21, 2007, meeting of this body: "in-ground pools are not allowed on Plum Island as they are structures that are placed in the sand."

That's funny - there are 2 in-ground pools within mere yards of where I'm sitting now, which is on my couch. One is right across the street from this cottage.

The other one, located at a house at the end of the next street over, has obviously been there for a long time. This one across the street, though ... guess it's too late for anyone to do anything about it because it's already there.

The applicant to ConCom, by the way, wanted to put a pool in where their septic tank used to be. I don't know what the difference would be. As I have said before, I was amazed at how much concrete and filtering material (part of the leach field) was in the yard of this house - which was crushed and left buried here - while the contractor was hooking the house into the sewer system. Some of the filtering material is sticking up, out of the sand, at the front of the yard. I can't get it out.

And it seems that whatever it was that was making the commode in my bathroom go berserk has been fixed (see my complaint here). That or I'm so used to hearing it that I just don't notice anymore.

No comments: