Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Bye bye Mr. X

Just when I was about to write my final post of the day (another social engagement; 2 nights in a row - imagine that) I clicked on another local blog and came across an example of exactly what I was going to post about.

I was going to say we should thank our lucky stars that we don't seem to have the same level of animosity and incivility between "townies" and "newbies" that there seems to be in Rowley (first dog of newbie accused of killing pet goat of "townie" and now Rowley selectman/I assume "newbie" neighbor/"spite" fence battle).

But I was wrong; we can't thank our lucky stars.

It's natural and acceptable to not agree with something someone posted on their blog and to voice your disagreement on your own blog - I guess, since I'm doing it myself - but in my mind someone has crossed a line.

So I am myself breaking the rules of inter-blog civility by saying this to you, Mr. X:

If you've got something nasty to say at least have the balls to post it under your real name.

You're outta here, buddy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

While you're straightening out the links, the one to Tom Salemi's page is bad.

Gillian Swart said...

Thanks; all fixed now. I like the way you phrased that, by the way.

Gillian Swart said...

SDS,

I'm not sure, but maybe you meant to comment on this post, not the one about Costello? I could be wrong.