Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dueling banjos

Not quite banjos, but I have 2 neighbors, who each have half a house near me, who have been engaged in one-up-manship (never typed that before; not sure how it goes) with music for the last hour or two.

One half of the house regularly blasts Dave Matthews out into the neighborhood (sometimes for hours - I think they have it on a loop) and the other half tries to drown out the neighbor with whatever is in the CD player, usually Christian-themed music.

You know, as in, I'm humming along to what I think is the song "My Girl" and then it registers that the singer is warbling "God" instead of "girl."

I fled to the great indoors. Only now I notice the Dave Matthews has been shut off, leaving some distortion of Billy Joel's "It's Stilll Rock and Roll to Me" as the victor.

No comments: