Thursday, May 22, 2008

My paranoia is explained (sort of)

I lived in Boston in September, 2001. I won't dwell on how eerie it was to not hear a plane for the time all planes were grounded.

One day I came home from work and there was a package lying sideways on the floor of the lobby of my building. Standing over it were 2 of my neighbors, roomates.

They had called the police, the more talkative of the 2 informed me.

Gulp.

A policeman duly arrived and inspected the package. I have to give him credit - after a careful look, he picked it up and opened it. After telling us to step outside, please.

It was a watch, with a packing slip indicating that someone in the building had, in fact, ordered it.

A few days later I was approaching the building and I saw a mailman open the door to our building and sling a package in while he stood on the front steps.

No comments: