Thursday, May 15, 2008

Benefits to covering events

So, I've been in Andover most of the day, at the Andover Country Club, hobnobbing with - a guy from Andover and his daughter.

I'd love to be able to say I'd been hobnobbing with state Sen. Susan Tucker and Channel 5 anchor woman and consumer reporter Susan Wornick, who both spoke at the event I was covering for Merrimack Valley Magazine, but they had to run off after speaking to the assembly.

It was the 25th annual Celebration of Tribute to Women awards luncheon, put on by the YWCA of Greater Lawrence. I can't say more because I'm writing the story ...

But the guy from Andover and his daughter, who were the only other people at my table, were really pleasant. His wife/her mother was one of the honorees. We ate all the fruit bowls from the empty places and we got more dessert than anyone else because there were only 3 of us and the dessert plates were filled to suit 10 people.

I love these kind of assignments.

No comments: