Sunday, May 11, 2008

Blogging

I was thinking the other day that while a lot of people blog to let far-away friends and family know what's going on with them, most of my family knows zilch about this blog. My mother, for instance, only learned of it last Thursday.

Relatives outside of Massachusetts? Let 'em live in ignorance. If they really cared about me, they would Google my name and see most of the stuff I've written, how well I know Newburyport, and how uniquely qualified I am to be the moderator of a blog on Newburyport.

You know, writing about Development in our city takes a certain skill. And the possibilities are Unlimited. Now, I don't own fancy software that allows one to manipulate images, but do have other impressive skills. And huge tracts of ... land.

I've always admired people with the name Stephen ... Stephen Hawking, Stephen King ... and hell yeah, Stephen Tait ... these are the Steves I (sort of) know, I know. Sing it with me, readers!

These are the Steves I know, I know
These are the Steves I know:
Steve Hawk-ing is a really brainy dude
Steph-en King is really, really 'rude'
Steve Col-bert likes to be called "Hoss"
And Steph-en Karp soon will be my boss.

Other people use their blog for their own personal gain. Some would say I fall into this category.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: