Wednesday, May 21, 2008

More beach, taken today











The first photo is to give you a sense of the crap that washes up on the beach.



Of course, I came home laden with the usual assortment of driftwood and even a golfball. Don't golf.



The trash included numerous shotgun shells, parts of footwear and gloves of all description - aside from the usual plastic bottles and aluminum beer cans.



The second shot I took while standing right next to the north side of the 'groin.' You can get a sense of how high it is now by those people who were standing on top of it. It's hard to describe how massive the boulders are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see the trash on the beach each spring I'm reminded of that crying Indian..er...Native American from my youth.

Gillian Swart said...

Oh yeah... there was also that owl: "Give a hoot, don't pollute!"

Unless that trash is coming from on shore, it's kind of alarming to think how inebriated people on boats must be ... I don't think I've ever seen so many alcohol-related containers washed up before.

Anonymous said...

I've believe the owl's name was Woodsy - ok being somewhat anal, I had to confim -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodsy_Owl

Much of the trash this time of year was washed down the river - people throw trash out their windows, it rolls/blows down the river bank, melting snow and spring rains carry it down the river where is then washes up on the beach during astronomical high tides....