Monday, May 26, 2008

Two down, one to go

Eschewing my usual "stay at home and do nothing" holiday weekend habit, I attended two cookouts yesterday. Luckily, they were both within walking distance.

I do not believe I have ever consumed as much alcohol over a 7-hr. period as I consumed yesterday. I feel like just lolling on the couch with my book.

But family tradition (and love of family) dictates that I drive off to our annual Memorial Day cookout. If even one glass of wine passes my lips I think I'll throw up.

Last year, upon returning home from the family cookout, I found that my cat was missing. He was gone for 3 days, during which I and a neighborhood child roamed around calling his name, to no avail.

So despite the fact that it could happen again at any time, I am worried about it being Memorial Day and leaving the beast behind. Those of us with anxiety disorders worry incessantly about situations that we cannot control.

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments: