Friday, May 30, 2008

Ward 5 meeting on landfill

It may be a little late in the day to post this (I confess, I've been snoozing on the couch), but Ward 5 City Councillor Brian Derrivan is holding a ward meeting from 8:30-10:30 tomorrow morning, at City Hall. At least I think he means tomorrow; he said "next Saturday" morning in the email, which was sent out at 4:37 p.m. today.


I was earlier thinking about Derrivan's comments as printed in the Daily News and whether Bruce Vogel would not have been meeting with his constituents to get their views, so it was nice to see that the same thought occurred to Derrivan (albeit it a little late).


Reader "Bubba" and I had a little exchange in comments on an earlier post, here, where we talked about the city setting bars too low.


I understand that it's a little late to be setting bars with New Ventures, the landfill owner. But I hope city leaders will continue to think about the impact of increased truck traffic and potential retribution by NV before they take up the issues on Monday night.


Money talks but it's not always saying anything worth listening to.

No comments: