Monday, June 9, 2008

My outrage continues

Well, I just started reading the blogs of my colleagues and I have to say, I'm kind of shocked at how shocked they are that our mayor backs, or backed, a scheme to truck crap from Everett up here to Crow Lane.

It's all here, in the Boston Globe. And yeah, I noticed someone from the Globe crawling all over my landfill posts last week.

And yeah, I told you the mayor was up to something ...

Anyway, did I not say the same thing about crap being shipped up to us here, at the end of the post, and here? Did not at least 2 people say it at the special meeting? Is it not all over the Everett Average Citizen, to which I have posted links? Has it not already been in the Globe (see second link, above, where I re-printed the snippet on Everett, by Kay Lazar).

What the ... ! I guess I write in vain. Is anybody out there listening?

3 comments:

Ari Herzog said...

You don't mention me by name but for the record I'm not shocked in the slightest of any proposal to increase C&D debris at the landfill. On the contrary, I support any means necessary to cap it.

My surprise is that both mayors allegedly support Billy Thibeault's proposal to build a hotel or a biotech center in Everett. Why would Newburyport support an Everett construction project that I doubt is even on blueprint?

Gillian Swart said...

Geesh, can't do anything right today. That's not what I was expressing shock about, in any case.

I issue a blanket apology to everyone for my snarkiness. But as they say on TWOP (Television Without Pity), "spare the snark, spoil the networks" (or in this the city, the local newspaper, or whoever).

As I have said numerous times, I knew the mayor had some kind of "agenda" for putting this before City Council, "potential litigation" aside. So why is everyone shocked/surprised when, as Tom put it so well, the other shoe dropped?

And, as I have noted, I have posted (albeit not extensively) about the owner wanting to get the debris out of Everett for his own reasons. I even posted a whole story from the Globe in which Kay Lazar references the development.

So I repeat - why the shock and surprise?

Anonymous said...

FYI

Attorney Anthony Rossi, Mr Thibeault's attorney, just stated at The City of Everett's Alderman's meeting that if Newburyport votes against the increased trucking, the state will step in and override your Council's vote.

I think both of our communities are screwed.