Thursday, June 19, 2008

Feedback

Brian Derrivan told me last night that reading my blog yesterday and seeing the photos of food at Hana Japan made him hungry. Hmmmmmm

Not sure what message he really was conveying, but he was so good natured about it that I now feel a little guilty (but that's fairly normal for me). I haven't been following the City Council that much, except for the landfill thing, but feedback I'm getting tells me that at least some of his Ward 5 constituents are happy with his performance as their new ward councillor.

I haven't heard anything much about Ed Cameron, Katie Ives or Donna Holaday, the other 'newbies' on the Council, but they at least appear to be acquitting themselves appropriately. Katie Ives even got a 'thumbs up' from Tom O'Brien, on the Council floor, and that's saying something!

I've got my writers' group get-together starting in half an hour, so I'll catch you all later! And I forgot to congratulate the Celtics, so consider that done. Well done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gillian,

Karen and I had dinner tonight at Hana Japan, and it was excellent. The Sushi was plump and fresh, and Karen's Bento Box was as artful as it was tasty.

Brian should check it out.

James Shanley

Gillian Swart said...

Thanks, James. The executive chef told me that they follow the Japanese tradition of making the presentation a work of art. Glad you liked it.

Unknown said...

Liked your report on this restaurant so much I had lunch at Hana Japan yesterday.
$7.95 for Salmon, chicken, rice, soup and salad. Best deal in Newburyport! Will try their Buffet soon due to not only the quality of their food (and presentation) but the over all customer service too. Finally, a business that wants your return business.
I was very pleased!

Tom Salemi said...

Love the place.

AND there's something endearing about a restaurant that has an "Idiot's Guide to Running a Restaurant" right out there on the hostess station as they did last time I was there.

This is not a knock. They're obviously paying attention to the crucial basics. Bravo.