Friday, June 27, 2008

Flint police crack down on ultra low-riders

You know you're in Flint when ... they're emulating places in Florida! Lots of Michiganders in Florida, not that that has anything to do with this.

The new police chief in Flint has ordered his officers to arrest people wearing pants or shorts that "sag too low." More here.

"This immoral self expression goes beyond free speech," said (Acting Police Chief David) Dicks in a statement released Thursday. "It rises to the crime of indecent exposure/disorderly persons."

You can get a flavor of the attitudes in Flint by reading the 52 comments attached to the story. I guess it worked in Orlando, though, to reduce crime. Apparently young men with baggy, low-riding pants usually have something to hide. * sigh *

Although I find the sagging pants to be merely amusing, I do find seeing a woman's thong above her belt line a little much. But I'm old-fashioned about undies - as in, they should be kept under. So I guess I should object to both.

But then I remembered, while driving to River Merrimack Bar & Grille (I guess it has an 'e' on the end) that I used to wear ... uh ... pretty revealing clothing when I was younger, and slimmer.

No comments: