Monday, June 23, 2008

Landfill in the news, again

I went to an event in Methuen, on Friday, and was hoping Sen. Baddour would be there so I could grill him about campaign contributions to the landfill owner (even though I was there for Merrimack Valley Magazine).

Here are yesterday's story from the Globe and today's story from the Daily News. The good news is, none of our city officials accepted campaign contributions from the landfill owner, which I don't think we believed they would do anyway.

Apparently the majority of people in the city want this issue to run its course without their input. The majority rules. I got nothing left to say, but check out Tom Salemi's blog, where he has something to say.

P.S. One of the things Kay Lazar did NOT say at that meeting last week was that she was not going to be a Globe North reporter anymore! Mary Baker Eaton talks about this on her blog, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attorney Rossi was once again at the podium of a Everett City Council meeting last night. He informed our Board of Alderman that the court will be ruling today about Newburyport's decision not to allow increased trucking from Everett to your landfill. He appeared to be very confident that the ruling will go Thibeault's way. He also said, if the ruling doesn't go their way, they have a plan in place to ship their waste to Ohio.
I was unable to see the entire exchange, but I thought I would update you on what I did see.

Tom Salemi said...

Some say DEP and Thiebault conspired to get Kay Lazar off the beat.

Okay, no one said that. I just threw it out there.

And I don't really believe it myself.