Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm scooping myself ...

I see this in today's Daily News, with this headline:

Zorb ball plans come bouncing back in Newbury

Since the story is mostly about the "zorbing' feature at Amesbury Sports Park, I wonder what Newbury has to do with the bouncing ball ...

Anyway, I was at ASP Sat. morning to do a story about the outdoor gravity orbs, or OGOs, and the summer tubing, for Merrimack Valley Magazine. From the DN:

The summer tubing will simulate snow tubing by installing Neveplast, a silicone coating, to several of the tracks at the park. Small sprinklers will be installed on the side of the tubing tracks to spritz those tubing during the warm summer days.

I have a Neveplast brochure right here next to me. It is NOT a silicone coating, it's a hard plastic carpet-like surface upon which I guess you can apply a silicone coating. It's not even a solid surface, it's round openings with little rounded-end prongs sticking up around them (see it here, in this YouTube video).

Not even the information about the "sprinklers" is accurate - or at least not complete.

Geesh.

No comments: