Saturday, June 7, 2008

I have not changed my mind

I guess my blogging colleague Tom Salemi and I will never agree on the ongoing landfill decision. What I see in today's paper is a Council that is delaying a vote in the hope that New Ventures is forced to sign the deal with the state.

My gut feeling from the comments councillors made at the special meeting, and the looks on their faces (except Tom O'Brien's) was that they had had the mighty fear put into them in the executive session. It didn't help that the mayor looked satisfied at the waffling.

If I could actually get on the Daily News website, I could provide a link to today's story, so instead check Tom's blog here.

I guess since doing nothing and forcing the landfill owner's hand is the course that I would probably take, I can no longer criticize (people in glass houses, and all that).

I do realize theirs is not in any way an enviable position to be in. But let's have a little leadership here, as Larry McCavitt says in the story (that I can't get to).

No comments: