Monday, June 9, 2008

City Council notes

Notes from the City Council, where they all seem to be getting pretty casual:




If I heard correctly, the mayor says the $7.8M debt exlusion would remove all general fund debt and leave over $900,000 for FY08 operating budget and over $800,000 for FY09. No, must be 09 and 10. People were rustling papers while clerk Richard Jones was speaking and my mind was wandering. The matter was referred to Budget & Finance.


And Ballotin gets outside seating. Ditto Licorice & Sloe. Who is left? Rosie O'Shea's (which did not appear to be open on Sat.), Souffle's, Stella's, Angie's, Caffe Di Sienna, Greta's, Gram's ice cream, that new place where Theory was, and my fave, Grand Trunk. I think that covers everyone since Simply Sweet already has an application in. I think Praline's already has a table outside and Abe's and Not Your Average Joe's have outdoor seating off the sidewalk.

City Council takes a break and comes back with NO SOUND for Budget & Finance report! Coincidence or conspiracy? Only The Shadow knows for sure (but I'm pretty sure it's community cable asleep at the switchboard). Ah, yes, it's back on.

No comments: