Saturday, June 7, 2008

A-frame signs on sidewalks

Same thing, I cannot get on the Daily News website.

But I agree on this issue with my blogging buddy Tom Salemi. I don't see a problem with the signs and if they are helping businesses attract customers, all the better.

I do not see why Chuck and Ann Lagasse's input should hold any more weight than anyone else's, if even as much. They think the signs are ugly? Then prohibit (if they can) businesses leasing from Newburyport Development/New England Development using them.

If any of the businesses they lease to needed a sign to survive, they'd be out there with some sort of solution, other than a 'North Pole' sign, faster than a floss salesman at a dental convention.

I hear they don't let people put signs up in the windows of their business. That's real community spirit, when folks like the Literary Festival and such are trying to promote an event in the city.

Try this link and maybe you'll have more success than I in reading this story more thoroughly.

No comments: