Friday, June 27, 2008

P.S. Andaman

I really like this Thai place, which is in The Tannery's new building on Water St. I have found it to be consistently good, although I have never had Pad Thai to rival that which I used to get at Bangkok in Boston's Chinatown.

I used to go in there so much, when I worked at New England Medical Center, that the host would just say, "Pad Thai?" to me when I walked through the door. I took some people there for dinner one time and he sent over a free appetizer.

Then he went back to Thailand and I moved on, to a job in the financial district.

I loved that place ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Based on one meal, the new Mapow just across the river is even better.

Our favorite in Boston was the House of Siam, on Columbus Ave, just in from Mass Ave. The owner donated to any neighborhood cause. When I picked up a check from him one day, it was signed "Joe Thailand". I assume that's his legal name, since it was honored.

BTW, if you'd like to see what a neighborhood association can do, take a look at www.cnaboston.org.

Gillian Swart said...

I've been to Mapow (I always think of it as 'Kapow') once also and I didn't think it was appreciably better. But then, I didn't have the same dish(es) I usually get at Andaman. I was told their Pad Thai was really good - then did not order it!

Michelle said...

I love Andaman too. Best Tofu Pad Thai I've had since I used to frequent The King and I on Charles St. in Boston.

Yum!

Gillian Swart said...

Michelle,

I can't believe I lived in Boston all that time and never went there! I heard so many good things about the place, but I always went to Thai Basil on Newbury St. (second to the place in Chinatown).

There used to be a really good place near Symphony Hall (on Westland), but I haven't been in that area for years so don't know if it's still there.