Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Globe investigations at City Hall

In a quick followup to Ari Herzog's recent post about the landfill owner sleeping with politicos, Greg Earls told me after tonight's meeting that someone from the Globe had been in City Hall earlier in the day, looking through financial information on file in the clerk's office for City Councillors and, I believe he said, the mayor.

I told him, and Donna Holaday, that Ari had posted on his blog campaign contributions Thibeault had made to politicians, including our state senator, Steve Baddour.

Holaday was visibly startled. I told her that the donation(s) were only $500 a pop, and she said that $500 is the maximum allowable contribution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gillian,

I'm surprised that the councillors were unaware of the contributions -they were posted on the aroundthenorthshore forum in '06 or 07'. At least 3 current and/or former councillors are members of that site, so I'm surprised that they never shared that information with other councillors.