Thursday, June 26, 2008

I decided to not make a decision

It's getting kind of irksome to me how nothing substantial gets done here!

Now the senior citizens center looks to be a "no-go" at Cushing Park, I don't know what's going on with the proposed park(s) replacing the NRA parking lots, and whatever else is sitting out there on the table.

I think the city should just give up proposing stuff. Honestly, I mean that. Aside from our economic woes, which everyone is having, why change anything?

You know where they should have "forced" a senior center? At that new condo complex that's going up at Cashman Park.

Why not make Karp build one, as part of his luxury compound? Or better yet, since it's already there, what about the former Newburyport Lighting location? (I think someone has already proposed this.)

That's just been sitting there, empty, for months ... AND it's by the water, it has plenty of parking, close to senior housing (some of it), and the seniors won't feel like they're being shoved off to the side somewhere.

If Karp really loves Newburyport, he'll pony up that empty storefront that no one else wants to use. Give him Kelley School in exchange, or something. JUST DO SOMETHING or drop it and move on!

By the way, congratulations to James Shanley on his appointment by the Governor to the NRA. I think he's a reasonable person to have put on the board. Don't look for a waterfront park anytime soon. Which is fine with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where are they building the condo complex at Cashman Park? I thought that they were going to build a condo complex behind the old Towle Building. Did I miss something?

Gillian Swart said...

It's abutting Cashman Park (the part where the boat launch is).