Saturday, May 3, 2008

An evening out in Amesbury

Three of us "girls" went to the Barking Dog last night. It was not in response to this story in the Daily News, about how the "Phantom Gourmet" rated the pub/restaurant a "hidden jewel." I had actually forgot about that.

We had gone to an open studio for an Amesbury artist, Edith Heyck. I could have dropped a few hundred dollars on 2 paintings I really loved but I'm a poor starving blogger who appreciates the finer things in life ... it's almost as if I were born to blog for a wealthy person.

Anyway, back to the Barking Dog. It was crammed full. Never having been there on a Friday night, or any other weekend night, I have no way of judging if that's the norm or if people flocked there because of the Phantom.

The service was kinda slow, but the wait staff was very pleasant and the steak tip grinder was very good. But so was the one I had earlier in the week, at Starboard Galley. The latter, however, does not make mojitos.

1 comment:

Tom Salemi said...

I LOVE the Barking Dog.


Best burgers around. Hands Down.