Monday, March 16, 2009

Too cool for (our) school

I'm watching the School Committee ... and right away, they whisk off into executive session to discuss contract negotiations with school Superintendent Kevin Lyons.

According to School Comm. member Bruce Menin, he was stopped on the street multiple times today and told that money is no object ... well, that's not verbatim ... to keep Lyons here.

So local cable doesn't even have any music to play in these situations? Static is the best they can do?

The man (Lyons) turned down his last 2 raises. What are they going to offer him to get him to stay, do you think?

You guys (if this was Twitter): "Well, I don't know, Gillian ... what do you think they'll offer him?"

Me: Hmmmm, you guys, I don't know. A bigger budget?

You guys: "They can't do that!"

Me: Well, let's see if they can get him to stay. I have my doubts.

You guys: "Oh, Gillian, you do? You're so brilliant and special and we all love you so much!"

Me: Awwww, I love you guys, too. Send money, please.

I think that's a pretty accurate projection of our exchange, if we were all on Twitter instead of a blog.

With that I will leave you ... boy am I glad I'm here and not there (at the high school, that is).

No comments: