Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hopping for Superintendent!

I know it's early - especially since we don't know if Kevin Lyons is leaving yet - but I'm starting my campaign in support of Barry Hopping for the new superintendent.

Hopping is the principal at R.A. Nock Middle School.

I have no idea if he's even interested in this position, but I've been watching Hopping and I think he's just about there. I don't know if he walks the walk but he sure talks the talk.

He's committed, he's very intelligent and he's passionate about education.

He also is - or was - on the School Committee in Ipswich (wonder if he's put in a good word for Dave Archambault?) so he's got experience dealing with ... er ... municipal boards.

Even Kevin Lyons complimented his progress, at last night's School Committee meeting. I have to wonder, was that just a coincidence?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gillian Swart said...

Sorry! I suggested Barry to SC Vice Chairman Gordon Bechtel and member Nick deKanter - total silence from both! hahaha

I thought everyone loved Dave ... do tell, anonymous, I'm writing a story about his probably imminent departure.