Friday, March 20, 2009

More odor complaints from the landfill

There's been a mini-flurry of odor complaints coming from neighbors of the landfill. They started last night, just hours after the BOH meeting ...

The author of the latest email asks if residents should start a tally of what the landfill is costing them - how much for a sleepless night? How much for a cookout canceled? How much for a doctor's appointment? And so on ...

I don't often smell the landfill, but I have to say that yesterday afternoon, I went to the Market Basket plaza and as soon as I got close, I started hacking and coughing. The smell in the air was more like burning tires, though ...

Maybe it was my car!

But anyway ... I don't know if Moak is being a genius or a jerk, at this point. Only time (and Mr. Thibeault) will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gee.......an increase may be coming your way, and what if the Newburyport deal falls through? How can DeMaria make agreements and increases when a deal is not final?

All seems very fishy to me, or should I say....sludgy.

http://www.egovlink.com/public_documents300/everett/published_documents/Mayor/Wood%20Waste%20Agreement.pdf