Monday, March 16, 2009

School Committe grants permission

It's good to see (or not) that things haven't changed much on the School Committee.

And having sat through several meetings now on approving bond orders for wastewater treatment facilities when the approval for the spending hasn't yet been approved, it was no surprise when Steve Cole started voicing his objections and it was revealed that the board didn't even have full information about the condition of the roof.

But they took Superintendent Kevin Lyons' recommendation and voted 8-1 (with Cole being the lone 'nay') to allow the mayor to go ahead with his solar panel deal.

For all I bitch, I believe in delegating and selecting advisors in whom you have trust. But god help the mayor if this does not work.

I wonder how many of the SC had even read the contract? We'll never know, will we? All we know is, Steve Cole did. And I'm assuming from his comments, Kevin Lyons did - or someone he trusts did.

And they still have 4-hr. meetings! I can't believe I watched the whole thing ...

No comments: