Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sure and be-gone

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of these equally tired St. Patrick's Day luncheons?

I've been waiting for 2 weeks for Sen. Baddour to return my phone calls and here I see him on the front page of the Daily News, goofing off ... oh, he's so busy ...

Popular material included the recent cuts to the Amesbury Health Department by Kezer, Kezer's purchase of iPhones for city department heads and ongoing negotiations by Moak to cap the Crow Lane landfill.

"I wanna wake up in a city that doesn't reek," Cullen sang to the tune of "New York, New York," presenting Moak with a Jolly Roger flag, a reference to the skull-and-crossbones flag hoisted at the landfill by owner New Ventures.

Poking fun at the ongoing appeals and lawsuits filed by Newburyport City Council Larry McCavitt and his waterfront preservation committee, Cullen noted the differences between McCavitt and City Council President James Shanley. Questioning what the product would be if the two were to combine talents, Cullen held up giant photographs of the councilors, transposed with the other's hair, drawing laughter from the crowd.

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't get to cover this - only because I would have paid to see McCavitt's hair superimposed on Shanley's head ...

And speaking of health departments ... I hear (haven't read it yet, although I guess it has been written) that Jack Morris does triple duty: here, in Salisbury and now in Amesbury.

Do these communities pay 2/3 of his salary, I wonder?

No comments: