Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm a lovable rogue

"Nobody calls anyone a lovable rogue."

"Lovable rogues do ..."

I just returned from Great Chefs' Night at the Governor's Academy, turned on the TV and those were a couple of the first lines I heard.

Anyway ... my tummy is bulging from all the yummy food they had on offer there. I really think that chocolate/raspberry cupcake from Old Town Bread (Rowley) pushed me over the edge.

And that square of pizza from The Upper Crust.

Or perhaps it was the fourth or fifth ahi tuna tartare on crispy won ton offered up by Mission Oak Grill. That was my favorite thing.

That and the crab cakes from a catering place called Newburyport Crabcake Co. (they sell them at Market Basket).

I wasn't going to eat at all, but how can I write about it, if I don't eat it?

The only downer was the fact that it was in a gym. Ain't much you can do with a gym - something I can attest to since I used to decorate our high school gym for dances and such.

We used to make roses out of tissues ...

All in all, I think it was pretty damn good, as far as these types of events go.

Strange that the mayor wasn't there, although I spotted Ed Cameron and his wife Susanne. And the usual suspects Charlie Cullen, Mark Welch, Esther Sayer and my pals from Bob Lobster!

No comments: