Monday, March 30, 2009

I get knocked down ...

Bah humbug!

What a long, kind of dreary City Council meeting.

Plus I was told off by at least 2 different people: one a sewer commissioner, who only read one story I wrote for the Current about the wastewater treatment facility, apparently ... this one here, about the Clean Water Act.

I was instructed to include in my next story comments from councillors Holaday and Connell; one of them told me after the meeting that the engineer the city hired to do the feasibility study on the plant upgrades was WRONG in the letter I cited about the plant not complying with the Clean Water Act.

Did we fire this untrustworthy individual? Did we at the very least not pay him for the time he took to come up with his allegedly flawed opinion on the matter? Does anyone frickin' care but me?

Boy it's a good thing I have such a thick skin ... wait a minute, I don't have a thick skin at all ... but wow, those sewer people are as touchy as I am ...

Oh no, Mr. Bill, I'm trying to be funny again.

No comments: