Saturday, March 28, 2009

Got the time tick-tick-tickin in my head*

Another busy day today for Brenda Starr ... well, a vastly watered down version of the comic strip heroine, at any rate.

But I used to follow her adventures, which probably explains why I'm a reporter and why I'm attracted by mysterious people (like a moth to a flame - and unlike Brenda, I always get burned). Hey, her mysterious man has the same surname I was born with ...

Anyway, I got a stop at the soon-to-be reborn Taffy's, a stop at Brown Square to check out the Repubs' "'Tea Party" (shouldn't it be on the waterfront?) and a longer stay across the street at City Hall for Congressman Tierney (a Dem).

No need to say "probably" when I say those last 2 locations are connected, which makes my question about the waterfront moot.

Speaking of Tierney ... his office complained about the brief that was in the paper connecting his visit with Earth Hour (that's tonight, people) ... good grief, soon none of them will be talking to me (Sen. Baddour still hasn't returned my calls, even after telling me at the turbine ribbon cutting to call him on Thursday).

But I wasn't done babbling about my day ... the next task on my agenda is pleasure. My friend Elizabeth and I are going to check out plants for our veggie garden behind First Parish Church.

We're trekking up to the Herb Farmacy in Salisbury, a place I highly recommend.

* Joe Jackson, Got The Time

No comments: