Monday, March 30, 2009

Lynne throws down a gauntlet (at my feet)


Wow, quite a story in today's Daily News by freelancer Lynne Hendricks about Congressman Tierney's town hall meeting last Saturday.

With no official peacemakers on hand to mitigate a potentially unruly clash of ideologies, Tierney took control of the oft times angry crowd himself, making a pitch for civility despite the outcome of the last election.
I have to say, I also was really surprised that there was no police/security presence whatsoever, inside or outside, considering the protest and all - although I did notice cruisers cruising by (but then, the police station is right next to City Hall).

There was a policeman directing traffic at the Richey turbine ribbon cutting, for example.

Perhaps Tierney asked specifically for no security. Gee whiz, Marshal Howard is usually everywhere, but I didn't even see him there ...

No comments: