Thursday, March 5, 2009

City Council meeting, part 2


This is a photo I took that shows the part of the vacuum sewer system that is not working whenever it gets cold. You can see how the pit is constructed, and why when the waste is not being sucked out, it goes back up into the homes. (click on image to enlarge)

Oh, and I forgot to mention that since transferring money to cover the OT ($49,500 and counting for issues around the PI sewer system) the sewer dept. has racked recently is on the agenda, people can feel free to come to the meeting and talk at the Council about it.

Although I am heartened to see that the dept. has an undesignated fund balance of $485,906 to cover this ...

I don't think that will cover whatever needs to be done to fix the sewer system, however. Wouldn't insulating the pits involve digging them up?

Someone last night told me that the islanders wanted their own little sewer plant out here, rather than tying into the city's facility. They were told that was impossible - and I can see that point, given how it would take land that I'm not sure the city has (although I'm not sure of the purpose of that building/parking lot up at the point, the one where the polling station is on election day).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a new product opportunity....

Tidy Bowl with antifreeze...

Gillian Swart said...

shhhh ... don't give away your money-making schemes ...