Monday, March 16, 2009

News flash

Oh for cryin' out loud ... they never fixed the roof on the middle school prior to negotiating contracts for solar panels?

Does no one remember the MCAS tests that were destroyed a couple of years ago by the leaky roof? Yes, the roof came down and tore them to shreds ... but seriously, I thought for sure they would have fixed all that by now.

I don't know why I thought that, but I did. I haven't been to a School Committee meeting in more than a year.

Don't fall over in a dead faint, but ...

Good reporting by Lynne Hendricks of the Daily News.

And a hearty 'Huzzah!' to School Committee member Steve Cole for reading the whole contract. When were the rest of them going to read it, I wonder?


Though some were reluctant to weigh in until they'd thoroughly read through the 64-page, 20-year agreement, one clause pertaining to the age and health of a "leaking" Nock roof has caught the eye of School Committee member Steve Cole, and he says he plans to bring his concerns up for discussion tonight.

Guess I'll be watching the meeting tonight, but from home, thank-you-very-much.

No comments: