Thursday, July 17, 2008

Odor complaints re-surface at Crow Lane


Well, bless my soul, who'd a thunk that something like this would happen?

The recent odors wafting gently over the neighbors of our lovely landfill mean just one thing - the gas extraction system is not working. I think that's the one thing ... oh, yeah, it is the one thing.

Today's most popular post was, coincidentally, the one about the Gov. answering questions about the landfill. Followed by greenheads.

No, the Governor wasn't followed by greenheads (not any that I noticed anyway; if I had noticed one, I would have whipped out my fly swatter).

I like comparing what I wrote down happened at a meeting and what gets written up in the paper.

"I'm not here to make a speech. I'm really here to listen to you," Patrick told the audience, a mix of families with young kids, senior citizens, the mayors of Newburyport and Haverhill, half of Newburyport's City Council, and officials from neighboring communities.

The meeting was covered by Katie Farrell, who is the Amesbury reporter. What, no mention of the members of the Amesbury Municipal Council who were there? Just in case you're wondering - Roger Benson (standing in for Mayor Kezer), Mary Chatigny, Stephen Dunford, Anne Ferguson, Robert Gilday (?), James Lavoie, Joseph McMilleon, Allen Neale, and Jonathan Sherwood.

I think they were ALL there. Check that; I only got to cover a couple of meetings of the Muni Council, as I always referred to them when I wrote for the Amesbury News, but I did not recognize Gilday, if he was there.
I like this second version of the Gov. talking to Ron ... they were smiling at one another. Not sure what Jim Stiles was up to, though! Perhaps getting ready to clap.

No comments: