Monday, July 28, 2008

The dog that didn't bark in the night

The AP pulled the trigger on CNN by being the first to announce that conservative columnist/television commentator Robert Novak has a brain tumor.

Novak was a staple on CNN's "Crossfire" for years. Oops, I guess he left to go over to Fox News. Don't you hate when that happens?

In fact, I still don't see the news on the CNN.com home page, although they do report that actor Kelsey Grammer has been hospitalized after feeling faint and that singer Amy Winehouse was rushed to the hospital today.

Last week, Novak was in big trouble - and I mean BIG trouble - for hitting a man with his car and carrying on driving until a bicyclist stopped him. I saw some video of his explanation, which was basically, "I didn't know I hit him."

The bicyclist described the person who was hit as being "sort of splayed onto his windshield."

Well, after apparently paying his HUGE fine of $50 for hitting someone and taking off, the 77-year-old took off for Cape Cod, where he fell ill (according to the AP report) and was rushed to Boston's Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Although the reporters following Novak to his car after the "incident" last week kept asking him if he felt alright before hitting the man, I guess no one else saw any red flags.

I thought he was just being a scumbag, the poor guy. Now I feel sorry for him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

As a survivor myself i do feel bad for him, or more importantly his family. i saw what mine when through when i was sick and it was in some ways worse that what i was going through.

but i will say, its things like this that make he believe there might be a god, but more of the old testament kind. talk about just rewards.

thanks,
sds

Gillian Swart said...

I agree, sds. Makes you wonder ...

Anonymous said...

Dearest blogger Jillian,

Perhaps Mr Novak is a scumbag with a brain tumor? That would be a fair ration of explanation for the entirely sad situation.

- Mahatma Kote

Gillian Swart said...

Thanks for saying that (so I didn't have to)!