Thursday, July 10, 2008

Where in the world is .... ?

Yesterday I contacted a media firm whose client is the Pan-Mass Challenge to get contact info on those two little boys who will be throwing out the first pitch at Saturday's Sox game (read about it here, in the DN). This is for Merrimack Valley Magazine.

Anyway, I was connected to a woman who identified herself only as "Stephanie." I started my spiel by saying I'd seen a story in the Daily News, at which point Stephanie interjected, "Oh! I love the Daily News!"

I was kind of stunned, but continued to explain why I was calling, she said she definitely could help me with contact info and photos, and then I gave her my email address.

A while later, I got an email from - Stephanie Chelf! Yes, the same Stephanie Chelf who was the Daily News' city reporter before Stephen Tait. She left here to go to the Eagle-Tribune, but now is working in PR.

I asked her if it was OK if I put the fact that I'd "found" her on my blog (well, I didn't find her on my blog, but you know what I mean), and she replied:

If you want, put my email on your blog – I’d love to hear from the Port people. I do read the Daily News online and I just laugh sometimes to see Stephen writing about the same issues that I covered four years ago (landfill, waterfront parking!!)

So here it is: stephanie@teakmedia.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't be stunned that I love the Daily News! Ha! I think people in Newburyport like the DN more then they would admit.

Thanks for the post,

cheers, Stephanie