Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thanks for the comment

I published a comment earlier today, from someone in South Africa. Since it's on a post from a ways back, I thought I'd publish it in a separate post:

I do find your blog thought provoking. You are an open minded person filled with God's love for people and able to appreciate the creation. I am a video documentary producer and events photographer in South Africa.

Hannes

I'm not doing this for the compliment (thank you, Hannes) but for the comment on my appreciation of "the creation."

I am not a Creationist, but I can certainly see why people are. As I've said before, both the notion of creation and evolution require leaps of faith. Given that no one knows for sure what's really out there in the Universe, or how many there may be, who am I to dispute someone else's faith?

Not that I don't do it, mind you, if someone provokes me ... in the end, though, I accept that it is what it is and thinking too much about how it got here gives me a headache. Which kind of explains, in my tortured mind, why someone (or some people), came up with the Creation.

It's really a rather simplistic explanation for what had to be a very complicated process, don't you think? Or it could be a rather complicated explanation for a very simple process ...

Also, Hannes might like to know that numbered among the residents of our city are a fair number of South Africans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know when the first request for money arrives from South Africa.

Gillian Swart said...

Oh gosh, never thought of that. I do get lots of requests daily from every other place under the sun, though. My Yahoo mailbox if chock full of them.