Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Don't mess with Jane

Well, folks, it's still only the morning of the day, and already the Jane Austen post has apparently caused at least one head to explode (it has a "Head Splodey Warning" attached to it on one fan site; I like that, it's cute).

What I object to is that it is given as an example of why "Becoming Jane" is evil ... as if I'm some kind of deficient who made up her mind, after some 40 years of reading Austen, after watching a piece of fluff movie.

That post, this early in the a.m., has booted the greenhead posts right out of the water for most hits, EVER. It will surely jack up my hit count for the day to dizzying heights.

The problem is, no one clicking over to the post seems to be actually reading it, so what does that say? That some people have an irresistible urge to click on any link that's presented to them?

Jeepers, JaneAustenHeads, if you aren't going to read my pearls of wisdom, stay off my friggin' blog!

But wait! - Yikes! - Will I become the Ann Coulter of the Jane Austen world? (And does that involve monetary gain, I wonder ...)

Or maybe people just want to note what the spawn of evil might look like ... which brings me back to Ann Coulter. Oh, no, it doesn't. It hurts my fingers just to type her name!

No comments: