Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm talkin' about Quiche

Wow, I just realized something real important: people don't come on here unless I post something!

Well, actually, I had realized that before. A fellow blogger once commented that I post too much and that I'm "all over the place."

Yeah, well, that's me.

Speaking of me (which I usually am), I wanted to explain about our mayor saying he was going to send me an email explaining why I was oh-so-misguided in my comments about building permits vs. property taxes, last week over on Tom Salemi's blog.

He did not send any such email, or I would have posted it.

Who cares? you might ask. Well, I care.

I hate to think that he sent one of his minions out to chastise me (as one of them did, albeit backhandedly) instead, but if the shoe fits ... actually, I would prefer to think this person did it on his/her own initiative.

Which, you know, kind of implied that the mayor can't fight his own battles against misinformation. Meddling in other people's business often reaps that result, as well as many other unintended consequences ...

The whole time we were last week engaged in that epic 63-comment dialog on Tom's blog, I kept waiting for some "expert" to put in their 2 cents; then I got overheated, offended, and all those other words that so often characterize my temperament.

Hey, that post was called "Less than Pleasant Street." It was foreshadowing ...

Anyway, during our phone conversation, the mayor very quickly ran through my misguided statements (he didn't characterize them that way; I am) and said that of course building permits were a big part of it, but building the tax base is very important, and maintaining the influx of building permits was also important, and ... oh, forget it!

More about Quiche la Poodle (she has run off with the Great Dane at this point):

The dog that brought me so much joy
Has left me wallowing in pain.
Quiche Lorraine
I'll show her!
Do you see the key in my hand?
I'm gonna throw it in the lake.
Yeah, you've been so rotten to me,
You take the cake.
I'm just gonna lock the door to your kennel
And just you try and come back to me -
Yeah, you'll see ...

You mangy mutt.

I love the word "mangy," don't you?

2 comments:

skyebluelake said...

III

THE STUDY.

FAUST.

(Entering, with the poodle.)

Be still thou poodle! make not such racket and riot!
Why at the threshold snuffing be?
Behind the stove repose thee in quiet!
My softest cushion I give to thee.
As thou, up yonder, with running and leaping.
Amused us hast, on the mountain's crest.
. . . . . . . . . . .
Hey, who doesn't like the word mangy?? -Skye

Gillian Swart said...

That's great, Skye! Reminds me of my neighbor's dog, who can romp on the beach for hours, come home, and still expect you to play with him ...