Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Speaking of restaurants

A fellow writer on SeaCoast Scene (which reminds me, I have to file my story) called me the other day seeking information about a place to eat in Newburyport. She was calling on behalf of a friend.

The first place that leaped to my mind was - Starboard Galley! I don't think I've ever posted specifically about Starboard Galley, but I think I have said that, bang for your buck, I think it's one of the best places in the city (along with Mr. India).

The food, in my experience, is consistently good. I recommended it to Triple-D, who said she thought it was a place for old people to eat. She liked it! She really liked it! Not for a date, but ... nah, I'm trying to be nicer.

Anyway, Virginia just called me and said her friend and her husband enjoyed their meal, and the location (they wanted somewhere near the river). I was happy.

If anyone has not tried Jumpin' Jay's in Portsmouth, that's also very good (although much pricier). It's a seafood joint.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Mu husband's always suggesting Starboard Galley (because he likes the food) but I cannot get past the atmosphere.

Anonymous said...

That is one place we have not tried. We did attempt to, though, but ended up getting one drink and leaving because no spots opened up at the bar. We didn't love the atmosphere, either.