Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oregano gets a nod in the Globe

That's Oregano, the now nearly-new restaurant in town, not the herb.

Read it here. The reviewer raves about the pizza. One of them, the "Louisiana" sounds suspiciously similar to the one that I wrote about, that I had at Villaggio (in The Tannery). Don't know if it's coincidence (don't believe in it) or what, but I'm glad the Globe reviewer's companions liked the mix of flavors as much as did I (even if the slice I had was from a different place).

It would seem that the servers are still a mite lacking in experience, but made us smile because they were so enthusiastic about what they were about to serve. Indeed, the reviewer cites the as a plus because of the enthusiasm.

Good humor, or the appearance thereof, nearly always trumps everything else, don't you think? In most situations, anyway.

Still, as I think Dick M. noted in a previous comment, it's hard to lure experienced servers away from where they are, and these people will learn.

I'm trying to lure my sister and brother-in-law up here today, to check it out. My sister is the one who told me about the review ... you can kayak up here, Victor ...

No comments: