Thursday, May 1, 2008

I would have paid THEM

So today I got this email from the editor of Merrimack Valley Magazine:

"(The publisher) sent me to photograph a Happenings event this morning- it was extremely last minute (found out about it late yesterday afternoon) and I didn’t want to bother you to get up early for it :) ..." She geos on to ask if I'll write "a snippet" about it anyway.

So far, so good. I hate getting up early. Then I read on:

"The event was a sort of introductory breakfast at Salvatore’s in Lawrence this morning. Red Sox 3rd baseman Mike Lowell was there as a special guest."

Did I ever mention that Mike Lowell is, like, one of my favorite men in the world? No? Well let me tell you, I would not only have arisen at 5 a.m., if necessary, I honestly would have paid the magazine for the chance to be face-to-face with Mike Lowell, if that is what it took.

Rats!

No comments: