Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pizza

In the course of the tipsy trio's trek through Amesbury last night, I mentioned the pizza poll that Tom Salemi had posted on his blog.


Who knew bringing up Papa Gino's would spark such a debate between the other 2 members of the group? Not because it's a chain but because one of the trio said emphatically that the building should be knocked down and replaced with a, if I remember correctly, Chicago deep-dish pizza place.


I think proposing that the building be knocked down was a little extreme, but it served to show how passionate a discussion about pizza can become.


The other person aside from me was defending Papa Gino's at risk of later being thrown from the vehicle (the deep-dish fan was our driver). I, of course, just lapped it all up like a cat presented with a bowl of cream and tried to store it in my addled brain, for later publication on here.


This morning I was viewing a clip on You Tube of Thursday's Letterman show - the one where Obama delivered the Top 10 list. Before that, though, Letterman announced that people should cease being friends with anyone whose favorite pizza was a plain cheese pie.

I'm not that crazy about pizza, but I sorta felt that same way at the Barking Dog when the deep-dish diva looked up from her plate and said to me, "Why, what's wrong with Fox News? I like Fox News."

Obviously I had just dished dirt on Fox News; it was the culmination of a scathing lecture I was delivering on Rupert Murdoch. I thought that was the last, best blow I could deliver - "and he owns Fox News!"

Hey, she was the one who asked me what was so bad about Rupert Murdoch.

"Why do I even have anything to do with you?" I replied (but I was laughing).

No comments: