Thursday, April 9, 2009

Speaking of public officials

Do you think that people working in City Hall who have city-issued cell phones should make those cell numbers available to the public?

I notice that when I call a state agency and get voicemail (about 99% of the time), the state worker offers up a cell phone number in their message.

During my first stint with the Current, I got into a huge hassle with a woman who answered the phone at the DPW barn. She refused to give me DPS Director Brendan O'Regan's cell # and it's not listed on his business card (at least the one I have).

I pointed out to her that it was a city-owned phone so she had to give me the number.

She didn't give me the number.

I snitched to the mayor, who looked most displeased and acknowledged that this was a problem. (He does not have a city-owned cell phone, by the way.)

Stop the madness! Get on your high horse! Take back City Hall!

No comments: