Friday, April 3, 2009

Beware of tall girls with backpacks

No seriously - there have been a rash of break-ins in the city perpetrated by women, one of which is tall, has black hair and a "medium" complexion and carries a backpack.

The better to stash booty in, I imagine.

"They knock on doors to see if people are home," Brunault said. "If anyone sees a girl walking around with a backpack, give us a call."


Perhaps Det. Brunault should have said "a girl fitting this description walking around with a backpack."

Brunault said in some instances, a teal-colored van has been spotted in neighborhoods. Along with the tall woman with black hair, there have been reports of two white females and one black female with her.


I wonder if this explains the SUV that followed me home a while ago ... just wondering ... I wasn't carrying my little backpack, but I did snitch some dirt from our garden plot at First Parish Church to plant seeds in at home (the dirt will go back to the garden with the plants, if anything sprouts) ...

Police are looking for the teal-colored van as well as a burgundy-colored sedan similar to a Chevy Lumina. There have also been descriptions of a dark-colored Jeep with stickers on the back.


You have to wonder about criminals who drive around in a teal-colored van (aside from the obvious wondering about criminal behavior in general). It's a good thing they don't drive a less obvious vehicle - something along the lines of a black Jetta, for instance.

Everyone and his brother has one of those.

3 comments:

Dick Monahan said...

Of course, it might be helpful to explain to the color-handicapped among us just what is "teal".

Gillian Swart said...

Ari, the first word in the post is "seriously." But thanks for reinforcing the seriousness of the matter.

Dick Monahan said...

I wasn't joking. I have no idea what "teal" is. The colors I know are: Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Violet, Grey, and White. I know those because those are the colors used to code electronic components. If you're going to tell me to look for something, it needs to be one of those colors, with perhaps a "light" or "dark" modifier. That's it.