Monday, April 27, 2009

Owner of cast out canine speaks out

OK... so I can't help but notice that although the story about the river has just one comment, the one about the dog in W. Newbury has 39 comments.

Now the owner has jumped in to defend him/herself.

(And speaking of pets, my cat just strolled in with some dead rodent clenched between his teeth ... oh good, now he's walking off, leaving the corpse on the mat for me to deal with.)

I always find that once the owner/parent of some evildoer shows up in the comments, they are generally beaten to the ground and then stomped upon. No one had any sympathy for the person whose (unleashed) dog was killed after being run down last winter in Newburyport, but this owner is being in general supported.

Anyway, so now I have the hook for my version of the river story: I'm going to fling a dog into the river ... nah, but I could report on the effects of the dirty water on dogs.

Now THAT would garner attention.

Who cares about your kids frolicking on or near the river when your dog may be in danger?

This reminds me of when I would be out walking with my (then small) niece, in Malden. Nothing to report there.

But if I was out walking my sister's dog in the same neighborhood, people would veer into oncoming lanes of traffic or screech to a halt to avoid being within 10 feet of potentially harming the dog (which, by the way, was always on a leash).

Go figure.

No comments: