Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A river runs through it

Oh I love it when something I wrote about and extolled its values comes crashing down ... take for instance the 'river house' I wrote about last year, for Merrimack Valley Magazine (not on line, can't link to it).

This brief in the Boston Globe tells about how the owner, John Grossi, was fined $12,000 by DEP for violations relating to the home's proximity to the river.

What I think is funny is that nowhere in the story does it say that Grossi is the owner of Latitude Sports Clubs ... is that relevant?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the quote from MA DEP official R Chalpin in the Globe item: "It's important for people to follow procedures." What a joke! Chalpin is the same DEP guy who's done next to nothing to make sure proper procedures have been followed at the Crow Lane Landfill.

Gillian Swart said...

It is a joke! But I'm sure it's easier to extract $12,000 from Grossi than it is to extract $12 from Thibeault.