Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I hate Lucy

I've tried periodically, over the years, to love Lucy. I really have.

Every so often I watch an episode, thinking that as I get older I might get what's so funny.

But in actuality, it just gets more irritating.

I know Lucy is an icon, but really - if your wife was like that, how long would you stay married?

Oh! - but I did like the episode with William Holden where turns the tables and stares at her after he catches her staring.

(Actually, in my limited experience with celebrities, they tend to not make eye contact with the general public. It gives them a certain zombie-like air.)

But then, I always did love William Holden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never really liked Lucy's character either. I think it was funny for the times (50's)

I more enjoyed her movies with Desi, like the long long trailer.